Israel: Apartheid SystemActivity Date: Saturday, January 30, 2021 - 19:00 UTCDuration: 120 minBrief Description:
An event shedding lights on the latest evidences on Israel being an apartheid system worse that South Africa Apartheid and how Palestinians are affected by this. The event will explore what actions can the world make in order to halt and pressure to end the injustice in Palestine.Language(s) of the Activity: EnglishProponent Organizations:Others Proponent Organizations:
Jornalistas LivresHow to get in touch and participate in activity?:Contact (Email):Platform used for the transmission:Link to the online meeting:Related information (links to videos, initiatives, websites, pads...):
Speakers and points of discussion:
Zwelivelile "Mandla" Mandela: the tribal chief of the Mvezo Traditional Council and the grandson of icon Nelson Mandela
• (Similarities between “Israel” and the apartheid South Africa)
Ilan Pappé: Director of European Center of Palestine Studies at the University of Exeter.
• (History of apartheid since the creation of “Israel”)
Miko Peled: an author, writer, speaker, and human rights activist.
• (The current reality, the international solidarity movement and prospects for change)
Dan Kovalik: International Human Rights lecturer at University of Pittsburgh.
• (The US position, its repercussions, and the possibilities for change under the new administration)
Muna Odeh: Associate Professor in Public Health at University of Brasilia
• Palestinians in the diaspora and their right of return in light of the Israeli apartheid.
• Juliana Medeiros - Jornalistas Livres
• Ola Al Asi – Shehab News AgencyDocuments: downloadTopics: Anti-racismThematic space(s) of the activity: Peace and warCross-cutting space(s) of the activity: Racism