How to get out of the crisis with social justice and democracy.Activity Date: Thursday, January 28, 2021 - 12:00 UTCDuration: 120 minBrief Description:
The world of work is deeply affected by the global pandemic of the virus. In addition to being a threat to public health, the economic and social disruption threatens the long-term livelihoods and well-being of millions of people. As trade unions, we want to come out of this crisis with lessons, but the most important thing for us is to come out of this global crisis with and for democracy and social justice!
Part 1 : The effects of COVID-19 on the labour market
• TUCA has made an observatory on labour rights - social dialogue - social protection in the Americas: presentation of some observations 10'.
Part 2 : testimonies
• Belgium : What happened in the surveillance sector or in the nursing home sector 5'.
• Brazil : what happened in the "motosboys" sector - platform economy 5'.
• France (Marie Buisson) : perspectives with the exit plan from the crisis discussed with civil society organisations and trade unions 10'.
Part 3 : how to get out of this crisis
• Victor Baez deputy secretary general : gives us some clues (15')
Part 4 : Debate
Moderator : TUCA
Organizers : Cicero Da Silva (TUCA), Antonio Lisboa (CUT/BR), Annick De Ruyver (CSC), Michael W Woegerer (OGB) Rafael Lamas (FGTB),Romain Descottes(CGT/FR), Debora Bacani (UGT/BR)
Webplatform: https://zoom.us/j/91567056901 Password: fsm2021
Languages : FR-ESP – ENGLanguage(s) of the Activity: Spanish, English, FrenchProponent Organizations:Others Proponent Organizations:
TIENDA SINDICAL: CISL, ELA,CUT/CH, UGT/Esp, LO, CFDT, KCTU, UIL, OGB, NC/MEX, UGT/BRHow to get in touch and participate in activity?:Contact (Email):Platform used for the transmission:
https://zoom.us/j/91567056901 Password: fsm2021Link to the online meeting:
https://zoom.us/j/91567056901 Password: fsm2021Documents: downloadTopics: Social justiceThematic space(s) of the activity: Social justiceCross-cutting space(s) of the activity: Pandemic